One week into my intermittent fasting I am actually not finding it too bad. I have been intermittent fasting, which has consisted of eating only between the hours of 12pm and 8pm.
To sum things up for me the pros are:
- It gives me a little more time to lie in bed in the morning, or to get ready!
- In the 8 hours I am allowed to eat I feel like I am constantly eating (I am however keeping under 1500 calories)
- The time that I am most likely to eat rubbish, i.e. chocolate, is late evening, however if I can’t eat after 8pm, I don’t have that temptation anymore 🙂
- In turn this also means my calories/food is made up of ‘good’ food
- I have lost 2.4 kilos (but some of that is just after indulging at Christmas!)
- I always get really hungry around 10am
- Drinking gallons of green tea to starve off the hunger
- When doing things on an evening or even during the day at weekends, it can be a little restrictive, as I’m always thinking I need to eat before 8pm
- When doing personal training sessions in the evening means I have to rush home and get some food in me before 8, so have to meal prep
- When training in the morning, I get a bit hangry before 12pm, actually very. I pity the students who have me teaching them the period before lunch!
So, all in all, I’m quite liking the intermittent fasting and I find it does fit my lifestyle quite well. I just need to be organised and meal prep, however this is something that I have always done anyway.
In addition to what I have found during this week, here are some other benefits.
I am going to continue for another 3 weeks and see how I get on. Again, will keep you updated.